In this article, we will go through the different options in setting up the leave approval.
The steps to set up the leave approval are:
Step 1: Click on
Step 2: Click on
Step 3: Click on
Step 4: Scroll down and click on
Step 5: Indicate whether you require a Recommending Officer (if you follow a 2-level approval). When applicable, a Recommending Officer is the first appover, the one that recommends the leave, and not the final approving officer.
Assigning Recommending Officers (RO) and the Approving Officers (AO)
Select one option on how the RO/AO are to be assigned in the company.
1. This will allow the users to select their own Recommending and Approving officers from anyone in the company.
2. This will allow the users to select their own Recommending officer, anyone from the company. The Approving Officers however, are pre-defined. The Leave Admin will need to select the AOs beforehand.
3. This is a pre-defined RO/AO option, Leave Admin will need to select whoever will need to be ROs and/or AOs.
4. This will allow the Leave Admin to assign specific Recommending and Approving Officers on an employee level.
Recommending Officers (RO) and Approving Officers (AO) Settings
Put a tick beside each option that you would like to enable for your system
1. Whether to allow the AO/RO to view staff leave details
2. Whether the AO/RO can take leave on behalf of the staff. Note that when a block leave is invoked by the AO/RO, the approval progress is no longer required
3. Whether the AO/RO can cancel leave on behalf of staff
4. If you allow the AO/RO to approve the leave application through email instead of having to login to their Justlogin accounts