Clocking Preference allows you to configure the following:
- next day clocking
- users’ ability to edit their clock-in and clock out time
- single or multiple clock-in and clock-out
- whether the staff needs to enter remarks
- Set up location, client, or project
Step 1: Click on panel to expand the section.
Step 2: : If staff needs to work beyond one day, you can allow next day clock out.
The X hours allow you to specify until what time is considered a clock in/out for the previous day. In the setting above, if the official start time is 9:00 am, any clock in/out 4 hours prior (until 5:00 AM) will be considered for the previous day. But if staff clocked in/out at 8:00 am (within 4hrs from start time), this will already be considered the next day.
NOTE: The recommended hours set in this field is not less than 4 hours to avoid triggering unnecessary notifications.
Step 3: Permission for users to edit their clock-in/out time
- Allow employee to edit clock-in/out time - Employee can edit his clock time for the current day.
- Allow Employee and Admin to Edit Break time - Employee can edit their break time if needed.
- Allow employee to enter clock-in/out time for different dates - If this is enabled, the Employee can update their clock time for different dates using the Classic version only. In Express, you can only update the clock time for the current date.
- Allow employees to enter clock-out time for previous dates. - If this is enabled, the system will not allow the editing of clock time if there’s existing data. It’ll only allow you to add a new record (enter) for a previous date.
Step 4: Set whether your company is using single or multiple clock-in/out
- Single clock in/out - the staff is only needed to clock-in/out once.
- Multiple clocks in/out - the staff can clock in/out multiple times.
There are several sub-options for these 2 options:
- If Ignore clock in before standard start time is ticked, it means that if the staff clocks in early, the system will not consider the earlier time. It will only consider the official start time.
- If Ignore clock out after standard start time is ticked, it means the system will not take into consideration the overtime even if staff clocked out beyond their official end time. The system will only use the official end time as the basis on the reports
- If Lateness: only consider first clock in is ticked, it means the system will only consider the calculation of lateness based on the first clock in and not the succeeding ones (available only for Multiple Clock in option)
Step 5: Prompt for remarks. If ticked, the system will prompt them to enter the remark when they clock in/out.
Step 6: Enter client, location, or project. In Attendance, you can specify client, project, or location clocking in/out. This can then be used by staff when they clock in or out from a client, project, or location.
Step 7: Click on to save the changes