To be able to fully utilize the Leave module of JustLogin, it has to be correctly and fully configured first. It is necessary to start the configuration by setting up the company policies as well as the workweek.
Section 1: Company Policy
You will need to define the working weeks of your company. This is important as this will be used by the system to calculate the proration of leaves as well as determine when the staff can take leave.
Step 1: Click on
Step 2: Click on
Step 3: Click on You should see this screen:
Step 4: You can configure the working week according to your company’s requirements.
Step 5: If you have more than 1 working week configuration, you can click on
You can define up to 10 alternate working weeks.
Annual Leave Policy Setup
Leave Accrual – This is where you can indicate how you want the leaves of the staff to be accrued. There are 3 choices to choose from: Daily, Monthly or Calendar Year
NOTE: If either Monthly or Daily is chosen, the next section, Policy for New Employees will not be displayed.
Leave Calculation Based on – This is the field where you can indicate if the calculation is based on Calendar years (Beginning of the Year) or Years of Service (Joined Date)
Policy for New Employees
After you have chosen how the Leave system handles the leave policy, we need to set up the policy for the proration of the leave balance of new hires
What is your company’s leave policy
There are three options which you can choose from
Fixed entitlement for all staff. The number of leave will remain the same regardless of how many years the staff has joined the company.
Entitlement based on Joined Date. The number of leaves will change depending on the years the staff has joined the company. You can set the increment to be based on the anniversary or based on calendar years.
Entitlement based on leave grade and joined date. The number of leave will be based on the staff grade and the date they joined the company. You can set the leave increment based on the grade and the joined date.
Section 2: Staff Policy
Staff policy allows you to set staff-related policies such as the probationary period and other leave-related policies. This will provide you with a detailed explanation of each of the functions in this section
Step 1: Set the probation period before the staff can take Annual leave at
Step 2: Set the probation period before the staff can take Other leave types at
Step 3: Set whether the staff can take Annual Leave more than what they have now in their leave balance at
Step 4: Set whether the staff can take Other leave types more than what they have now in their leave balance at
Step 5: Set whether the staff can change the days applied field or set it to a computed field that cannot be changed at
Step 6: Set whether the staff can apply two different leave types on the same day. If set to No, staff will still be able to take half-day of different leaves as long as the timing of the leave does not coincide.
Step 7: Set whether the system will deduct one day if the staff takes leave on a day that is set up as a half-day at the company policy working weeks.
Step 8: Set the leave cancellation policy for the staff at
- The first option is ALL leave cancellations are allowed. This option would allow the staff to cancel their leaves even those that they have consumed.
- The second option is ONLY leave cancellations submitted before the leave start date are allowed This option allows the staff to cancel their leave if the date has not started. For example, tomorrow is my leave, I can cancel the leave today but once it hit 12.01 am, I cannot cancel the leave anymore.
- The third option is staff are NOT allowed to cancel leave. The staff cannot cancel the leave at all. If they wish to, they will need to ask the leave administrator or their RO/AO (if given the rights) to cancel the leave.
Section 3: Leave Approval Policy
In Leave, we can define how employees’ leaves are being approved by the appropriate management staff. This section is where you can set anything that is related to the approval of leaves
Step 1: Indicate if your company requires a Recommending Officer. Recommending Officer is the one that recommends the leave but is not the final approving person of the leave.
Step 2: Select one option in how the RO/AO of the staff will be assigned in the company.
Step 3: Decide whether to allow the AO/RO to view staff leave details.
Step 4: Set whether the AO/RO can take leave on behalf of the staff. Note that when a block leave is invoked by the AO/RO, the approval progress is no longer required.
Step 5: Set whether the AO/RO can cancel leave on behalf of staff.
Step 6: Set whether the Leave Administrator shall receive an email if the leave information of the user such as Entitlement or Balances has changed
Step 7: Set if you wish to receive an email notification for every annual leave approved?
Step 8: Do you allow the AO/RO to approve the leave application through email instead of having to login to their Justlogin accounts.
Step 9: Set the number of days the AO/RO will receive reminders of pending leave approvals that they have yet to approve. Note that the system will 1 reminder per day per applicant.
Section 4: Other Policies
Other Policies allows administrators to decide on policies such as whether the staff can see each other’s calendars, the use of external calendar as well as the rounding policies.
Step 1: Select the calendar sharing options.
- The first option is that everyone in the company can see their colleagues and their own calendars.
- The second option is limiting to only people within the same department can see each other calendars.
- The third option limits the user to see their own calendars only.
Step 2: Select the option of whether we allow the staff to see the leave application details of their colleagues. Normally, we will not set this to Yes as they will see the leave entitlement of others.
Step 3: The leave system can pipe the approved leave to either Google Calendar or Outlook calendar if you wish the system to do so. To do that, enter the email address of the calendar as shown below.
Step 4: Lastly select the rounding policy for your company. The rounding policy is to help round up the leave balances which makes it easier to see as opposed to the leave in long decimal formats.
Section 5: Advanced Settings
This section will show new features on the Leave Module that you can enable. To know more about Advanced settings, please go through the details below:
Step 1: Put a tick beside each option that you would like to enable for your system
- Allow employees to apply for leave in hours – this will allow your staff to apply for a leave based on hours, instead of days only. If this is enabled, please indicate the number of hours that is equivalent to one working day:
- Enable Off-in-Lieu Request – this will allow the staff to request for any OT rendered to be converted into a leave type. This works independently from the Attendance module. You will need to indicate the number of hours equivalent to one working day. You can also indicate an auto-expiry for such requests and a notification whenever the leave expires to be sent
- Enable Adjustment with Expiry – this function will allow the administrator to credit leaves with expiry to the staff via adjustment.
- Attendance OT will Expire ___ month(s) after approval – this option is integrated with the Attendance module. If enabled and staff requests for their OT to be converted into a leave type on the Attendance module, the Leave system will automatically set an expiry date for such requests
IMPORTANT NOTE: For any changes to the configuration, please do not forget to click on
Next step in configuration -