The guide below will show you how to configure, as well as what to expect in the reports, leave balance transfer and entitlement and details page.
NOTE: For a complete guide to configuring the Leave module, kindly click on this: Leave Configuration Guide
Once this function is enabled, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Login to the account
Step 2: Click on
Step 3: Go to
Step 4: Under Company Settings Tab, look for the Annual Leave Policy Setup:
Step 5: Choose “Financial Year” from the drop-down options
Step 6: Indicate the beginning of your company’s financial year into the appropriate fields:
Step 7: Click on to save the changes made.
Changes to Expect Once Financial Year has been Configured:
On Entitlement and Details Page:
- Year Field – will display the year covering the current financial year. You will be able to toggle between different financial years.
- As at Date – will display the beginning of the financial year. This will be shown on all users
- Adjustment Column – any adjustment (credit/debit) made, or a transfer of leave balance has been done, the values will be displayed into this column
On Transfer Leave Balance Page
- In the Importance Notice Section, the date indicated will show the end of the financial year. The automatic balance transfer will happen by this date.
- Leave balance transfer from to dates will indicate the coverage of the current to the incoming financial year
On Reports Page
Leave Balance Report
- Year Field will show the current financial year
- Base on At column – will show the beginning of the financial year
Leave Balance Report View:
Formula for the “Balance as at” column:
Earned leave as at (D) + Adjustment (Available)(E) – Leave Approved (F) = Balance As At
NOTE: Balance displayed takes into consideration the entitlement of the staff for the financial year indicated plus any leaves credited for the financial year